Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hey Dad do you want to play ping pong?


All of my kids are so different and enjoy so many different activities.  I am now realizing that when they were younger it was a bit easier to enter their world, lead them and interact with them in what they enjoyed most.

As they are maturing I have found it to be more intentional on my part. One of my sons loves ping pong.  I am not a good ping pong player, but I love my son and I love being able to be with him.

He beats me very time, but I am working to keep up with him and to be a challenge to him.  Last night I came the closest to winning, but yet again I am trailing him.

What I seriously realize is that when we are together playing we both win.  I love my son and because of that I want to enter his world, and enjoy him in what he enjoys.

Hey Dad...how are you entering your kids world of activities? Where are you finding this a challenge?

Mark

1 comments:

Toni said...

"What I seriously realize is that when we are together playing we both win."

What a great quote. Thanks for reminding us ALL to work into their world no matter what.
blessings,
Toni