Friday, April 2, 2010

i loved watching my boys playing today


Kolya, Austin, Adam and Mason were playing outside today. The last two boys listed are my boys best friends. Today these boys played hard and lived many great adventures.

Kolya pulled the boys on a plastic sled behind our lawn tractor. These four friends played air soft - fighting many wars. I loved watching the boys playing and experiencing their adventure.

What amazed me most though was when I looked outside of my second story bathroom window and I saw 4 sets of Walmart bags, turned into parachutes with a GI Joe soldier dangling beneath each one, floating through the air. Today we had winds that were topping out at about 30 mph. These 4 parachutes were cruising high. As I watched these parchutes flying, I looked to my right and saw 4 boys standing on top of our barn screaming with excitement at the site of their parachutes flying.

Their fun took me back to when I was a kid and I used to do the same. I do have to admit though that I still love to play. I don't think and I surely hope that I never outgrow this love of play. I am thankful that Jill and I encourage play and fun. We believe this is needed for boys and we as parents must make room for this in theirs and our lives.

How do you make room for play in your kids lives?

0 comments: