Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I am a dude with a tude!

Hi Dads, I don't know about you, but at times I can have an attitude! The attitude I am talking about is not a good one! It is worse then cocky! It is not one of pride! It is just plain ole' bad! My bad attitude takes on the title, "a dude with a tude!"

When my attitude is bad, I am short, anxious, irritable, angry and nasty. Are you with me man? Do you know what I am talking about? What is your tude like?


As I began to really look at my attitude seriously, I began to really seek help! I didn't want to live with my "tude" anymore!

I learned this strategy for overcoming a bad attitude:

1 - Stop, pray and repent. Sometimes this is literal, Stop and talk to God. Ask Him for His insight and His perspective. To repent is to clean up your attitude with God and than to make your attitude right with those you have hurt. Communicate to God and to your loved ones your desires and plan to change.

2- Take time to think through what you are feeling and thinking.  When I was first discovering my feelings I found a chart online that I posted on refridge.  May sound silly, but I was desperate. The following chart is one similar to what I found.



3- Ask for help, and make the choice to do right! I can remember saying to Jill. I need help! Will you help me think through this?

What about you dad? Any insights?  How have you handled your bad attitude?

You can do this! You can have a right attitude and forever influence your family!
Mark







0 comments: